World Traveler Internship Description
They will showcase their experiences daily via a blog, video and pictures.
- Capturing amazing video footage that will air on mtvU
- Shooting exceptional photographs that create a face-to-face experience with the destinations you embark upon
- Interviewing guides and fellow travelers
- Showcasing your travel experiences through inspiring blogs
- Having the best time of your life
- Ridiculously strong passion and/or desire to travel the world and share experiences with others
- Excellent creative, written and verbal skills
- Outgoing personality
- Video camera/photography skills
- Understanding of Mac OS along with photo and video editing software
- Enjoy being active and able to hike, bike, kayak, and more
- Must be at least 18 years old and under 26 years old
Round 1: Create a profile and submit a link to your YouTube video response in your application. Share your profile on Facebook, Twitter and beyond in order to get your friends to vote for you and have your video featured on the homepage of WorldTravelerInternship.com.
Round 2: A panel of judges from STA Travel, mtvU and other partners will select the top 50 videos based on creativity, uniqueness, likeability, video skills, personality, etc. The selected top 50 applicants will submit a full application complete with resume, past travel experience and references.
Round 3: The same panel of judges will narrow the top 50 down to the top 20 applicants who will then be required to complete a formal interview with the panel of World Traveler Internship judges.
Round 4: Based on the interviews with the top 20 applicants, 10 applicants will be selected to submit a second video and a plan a portion of their travel itinerary. From there the 2010 World Traveler Interns will be selected along with two Runners Up.