The Argentina money used is the peso, and the exchange rate is approximately A$3.64= $1. The symbol used is the dollar sign. To find the most up to the minute Argentinian currency exchange rates go to XE.com Currency Converter.
It is always a good idea to budget for a trip so you don’t run out of money. Here are a few sample prices so you have plenty of dosh for your Argentina vacation:
- Bottle of wine = from A$6
- Liter of beer = from A$6
- Tenderloin steak = from A$8
- Club entrance = anywhere from A$5 to A$20
- Wine tour in Mendoza by bike = A$95
- Average room prices = you’ll pay around A$35 for a hostel bed in Buenos Aires, A$200 for something mid-range, and A$400 and upward if you’re going all out.
- Average meal prices = you’ll pay about A$20 for a budget meal, A$40 at a mid-range restaurant, and upwards of $140 at a top Buenos Aires restaurant.
These prices are in Argentinian pesos (A$), are correct as of 03/09/09 and are subject to change.
A 10% tip is usually expected in bars and restaurants. Taxis will also expect to be tipped by visitors. It is also usual to tip doormen, ushers and porters.
The usual bank hours are from 10 am to 3 pm, Monday to Friday. They are closed on weekends and public holidays.
*The Small Print
We’ve tried to make this destination guide as accurate as possible but please double check the essentials like visas, health and safety, airport information etc with the relevant authorities before you travel. STA Travel takes no responsibility for loss, injury or inconvenience caused as a result of this guide. All prices listed are in the currency of the destination, unless otherwise stated.