Intern in Britain
Applications are open now!
Call us at 800.781.4040
Now’s the perfect time to get yourself sorted with a Intern in Britain experience.
What will I be doing? | What's included? | Am I eligible? | Employment Information | What does it cost?
What will I be doing?
The choice is yours! You can secure an internship wherever you want in the UK (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales) and do pretty much whatever you wish (the position you take must be supernumerary, it cannot be unskilled and should have a minimum of 25 hours per week). Popular internships include accounting, IT, hospitality, marketing and PR.
• A one-off opportunity to take an internship anywhere in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland for up to six months
• Help and advice from BUNAC in the US before departure and assistance with the visa process
• A comprehensive internship program Handbook
• An informative arrival orientation to fully prepare you for life in Britain
• Newsletters and ongoing help and support from BUNAC throughout your stay
• Unlimited use of BUNAC’s Resource Center in London
• Assistance with National Insurance, tax and bank formalities
• Social schedule of internship program events and trips
• Free membership of International Students House
Am I eligible?
• Be aged 18 or over and hold a valid passport
• Be a full-time degree level student, or a graduate intending to begin the internship no more than 12 months beyond the end of study
• Be studying in the USA or be a US national studying elsewhere
• Hold an acceptable internship offer in the UK for up to 6 months
All work in the UK (including internships) is subject to National Minimum Wage legislation. Minimum wage as of Oct 2011 is £6.08 per hour for someone 22 or older and £4.98 for 21 or younger. The range of internship options is vast. Past participants have found placements at galleries, law firms, architects as well as PR companies and accountancy firms. With a bit of motivation, internships can be found in just about any sector.
What does it cost?
Program fee: (your visa application fee is a separate cost): $750
Please note that these prices are are subject to currency fluctuations; ask your STA Travel Expert for up to the minute pricing.
Other costs to consider
Visa Fee: £190 (Approximately $300)
Personal support funds: $1,500 (paid internship) or $2,500 (unpaid internship)
Flights and travel insurance
All prices are subject to change without notice. Speak with an STA Travel Expert for a quote today by calling 800.781.4040, or submit your details for more information.