Work New Zealand
Applications are now open!
Call us at 800.781.4040
Now’s the perfect time to get yourself sorted with a Work New Zealand experience.
What will I be doing? | What's included? | Am I eligible? | Employment Information | What does it cost?
What will I be doing?
There are two visas that allow you to live, work and travel in New Zealand on a flexible basis. Both programs provide you full support for the duration of your Work New Zealand experience. The Working Holiday visa allows you to work in New Zealand for up to 12 months. You can apply for a Working Holiday Visa directly from the New Zealand Embassy online. This program offers assistance with the visa application process, and you are able to take full advantage of the support package. The IEP Work Exchange Visa is a special category visa for program participants authorized by the New Zealand government. It allows anyone aged 18-35 to work and travel in New Zealand for up to 12 months, even if you have previously held the Working Holiday Visa..
• Job search assistance for up to 12 months
• Access to the Jobs Database for up to 12
• Work NZ program benefits
• Assistance in both America & New Zealand
• 2 nights accommodation & airport transfers on arrival
• Access to Auckland office & staff support
• Welcome orientation & arrival package
• Organized social events
• Assistance with tax file registration & banking
Am I eligible?
• Be a U.S. citizen, holding a US passport
• Be aged 18-30 inclusive at time of visa application (Working Holiday visa)
• Be aged 18-35 inclusive at time of visa application (IEP Work Exchange program)
• Be physically present in the US for the application process (IEP Work Exchange program)
Many participants find casual employment. New Zealand options are plentiful ranging from: construction, catering, factory and office jobs. Salaries range from NZ$12 to NZ$25 per hour. However, if you have relevant experience and a bit of motivation, jobs can be found in just about any sector.
What does it cost?
IEP Work Exchange program fee: $550
Working Holiday Visa program fee: $450
Please note that these prices are are subject to currency fluctuations; ask your STA Travel Expert for up to the minute pricing.
Other costs to consider
Personal support funds: NZ$2,000 for the IEP Work Exchange program or NZ$4,200 for the Working Holiday Visa program
Flights and travel insurance
All prices are subject to change without notice. Speak with an STA Travel Expert for a quote today by calling 800.781.4040, or submit your details for more information.