Live Quiz starts in
Quiz is now over
In the run up to Christmas, we’ll be sharing 12 countries quirky events and traditions that occur in December - For example, who knew that Japan embrace the festive spirit with a party bucket of fried chicken!?
Want in on a chance to win? Here's how >
Head over to our Facebook page on the December 22nd to get involved in our live quiz! We’ll be asking questions about all of the countries we’ve shared on our Facebook, Blog and Instagram in the past twelve days, so make sure you check them out for clues...
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Entry is free and open to US residents only, aged over 18. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Conditions to win can be found in point 5.
3. The promotion commences 22nd December 2017 at 8pm and closes when the Live quiz ends. Conditions to win can be found in point 5.
4. The Promoter, STA Travel, reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter's satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter's decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. Entrants may comment as many answers as they like on the post and will not be penalised for this.
5. How to Enter: To be in with a chance to win 1x $400, $x £50 you need to take part in our Facebook live quiz. Answer in the comment section of the Live post with a correct answer to be entered into the draw. The 3 winning eligible entries will win a travel voucher valid on US purchases. The values of the vouchers will be $50, $50 and $400. Participants will only be eligible to win one of the available travel vouchers. These winners will be picked at random under the conditions above.
6. The winner will be chosen at random by an STA Travel representative on 22nd December 2017. The winner will be notified by a comment on the post tagging them in it following the selection (within 48 hours after the 22nd December 2017). Winners will be asked to message STA Travel through direct message on STA Travel Facebook. Their name and entry may be published on www.statravel.com and via our social networks. In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries. Names of the winners (first name, last name and city) may also be announced in the STA Travel e-newsletter.
7. The Promoter will award the prize(s) to the second, randomly drawn entry if the prize remains unclaimed by 1st January 2018.
8. Vouchers are valid for 12 months after the vouchers have been claimed and activated.
9. Vouchers are not bookable online.
10. The prize(s) is not transferable or refundable. If the winner is unable to travel in accordance with the restrictions above, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize.
11. No prize alternatives will be offered.
12. The promoter of this competition is STA Travel, Priory House, 6 Wrights Lane, London, W8 6TA.
13. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other STA Travel or third party discounts or special offers.
14. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
15. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either provide an alternative travel destination to the same value as the original prize or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
16. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law (in which case such liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
17. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
18. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
19. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate.
20. The US laws apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law.
21. Any costs incurred from changes post booking, such as a name change, are the winner’s responsibility to pay
22. STA Travel reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. Should the value of any prize be less than the value stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind.
I irrevocably grant permission for my images and/or video content produced to be used by STA Travel Mgmt. Ltd and its group companies, agents and associates, for commercial use in promotional material, in perpetuity and worldwide, in any and all media, including but not exclusive of; print and digital brochures, retail store graphics, press articles, offline and online advertising, paid media, social media, print media, emails, websites, digital screens, internal and external events, film, video, cable and broadcast television and the Internet.
I also agree STA Travel Mgmt. Ltd and its group companies, agents and associates do not have to credit my images and/or video content to myself, unless otherwise agreed in writing outside of this document.