Teach English Abroad
Pre-screened, guaranteed teaching jobs are available each month if you are interested in teaching English abroad in Thailand, South Korea, China, Myanmar or Vietnam. Each teaching position is full time and comes with a salary, benefits, and orientation with practice teaching.
These full time teaching positions are in primary or secondary schools. We will match you with a great school, a fun job that provides a good salary and benefits in some of the most fascinating countries in the world. If you have a TESOL certificate, you can earn even more. Optionally, you can also take our online TESOL course right through STA or the 4-week course at our center in Hua Hin, Thailand.
Now is the perfect time to go abroad!
What will I be doing? | Where can I go? | What's included? | Am I eligible?
What does it cost?
You will be teaching English in a classroom setting, working to improve students listening and speaking skills. You will prepare in-class activities focused on language development such as dialogues, games, pronunciation and grammar activities, songs, role-playing and conversation groups. It is important to plan lessons and presentations for your class. You may need to attend some faculty meetings. You may be called upon to help plan and implement some extra-curricular activities (after-school English clubs, art projects, sporting activities etc.)
This is a full time teaching job with a full time salary, so you will teach Monday through Friday, sometimes Saturday depending on the country.
Where can I go?
Placements are available in: China, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam or Myanmar.
• Full time teaching job with contract, salary and benefits
• In-country language assistance, local coordinator or office to assist if needed, 24/7 support
• Extensive medical and accident insurance along with emergency evacuation insurance
• Pre-departure materials and orientation information
• A toll-free 24 hour emergency hotline in the U.S.
• Orientation that covers everything from lesson planning, classroom management, culture and survival language training
• Access to ESL games, flash-cards, worksheets to use with the family
• Airport pickup
• For an additional fee you can take an online TESOL course through STA or you can take the 4-week course at our site in Hua Hin, Thailand
Am I eligible?
• Be a native English speaker
• Must be in good physical and mental health
• Must be 21+ years old
• No experience necessary
• A teaching certificate and experience is preferred, but not required
• Manage your own personal expenses
• Thailand and Vietnam: you do not need a college degree and we can still get you a teaching job. You will need to take the online or onsite TESOL course to be eligible to teach
• China, South Korea and Myanmar now require teachers to have a TESOL certification prior to teaching
What does it cost?
Placement fees range from $1,639-$2,425 (TESOL course is additional). All prices are subject to change without notice.
Please note that these prices are are subject to currency fluctuations; ask your STA Travel Expert for up to the minute pricing.
Other costs to consider
Flights and travel insurance
|Get more details about teaching abroad|