Teach English in China
Now’s the perfect time to get yourself sorted with Teach English in China position.
What will I be doing? | Where can I go? | What's included? | Am I eligible?
Employment Information | What does it cost?
What will I be doing?
Teachers are placed in a paid position in a private language institute with students ranging in age from 4 years to adult. Teachers have up to 18 students in class and teach for 2 hours at a time with 1 break in the middle. Teachers are placed based on their background, qualification and availability..
Where can I go?
You can work throughout mainland China. These are just some of the locations; Anuhi, Fujian, Inner Mongolia, Qinghai and Sichuan. If you don’t see you preferred location, just ask your STA travel expert for a full list of destinations. .
• Guaranteed teaching placement
• Flight Allowance
• Practical Online and In-Country TEFL Course
• International travelers insurance
• Airport pickup
• Cultural & Social Activities
• Orientation and training
• English-speaking pre-departure/local support
Am I eligible?
• Have a good command of the English language; Chinese knowledge helpful, but NOT required
• Bachelor’s degree for full semester & year-long placements. For summer teaching programs, a high school diploma and minimum 6 months classroom/tutoring experience.
• Enjoy leading groups and teaching children and/or adults, have good planning and organization skills and be open to foreign cultures and living abroad
• Be able to commitment to the full employment term
• Undergo health tests and immunizations to obtain the proper work permit-Class Z or F. (e.g.: EKG, HIV test, tetanus, hepatitis, typhoid, etc)
• Be prepared to have a criminal background check, this may be required by some schools and positions
The average teacher’s salary ranges from ~¥4800-¥7200 (US$775-1160) per month for full academic semester positions. This is typically at least double than the salary of local professors, so it easily covers your expenses while living in China. Airfare allowance is available with completion of at least 6 months contract. The stipend for a summer placement is ¥12000 (~$1875).
What does it cost?
Summer (July 10 to August 31): $1,295
Semester (February-June or September-January): $1,495
Academic year: $1,695
Please note that these prices are are subject to currency fluctuations; ask your STA Travel Expert for up to the minute pricing.
Other costs to consider
Visa Fee: Starting from $145 + service fees (if applicable)
Personal support funds: Personal funds vary based on how much you eat out, go shopping, and travel during breaks. Eating out with a group 5 nights/week at a local restaurant is less than RMB1000/month. Eating at Western restaurants will be more expensive.
Flights and travel insurance
All prices are subject to change without notice. Speak with an STA Travel Expert about a Teach English in China position today by calling 800.781.4040, or submit your details for more information.