Teach English in Mexico
Get started today!
Call us at 800.781.4040
Now’s the perfect time to get yourself sorted with Teach English in Mexico position.
What will I be doing? | Where can I go? | What's included? | Am I eligible?
Employment Information | What does it cost?
What will I be doing?
Your work schedule will be assigned by your employer, but most positions average roughly 20-30 hours per week. Each employer has its own working and schedule arrangement that you should be willing to accept. Of course you are encouraged to travel, but please consult with your employer to see if you can organize a schedule that will be ideal for all parties involved. Most institutions allow 1-2 days off per week, but please note it may not be consecutive days nor weekends, as some of these schools are opened during the weekend. Please note, scheduling is up to each school’s discretion.
Where can I go?
There are limited vacancies throughout Mexico; and the schools will select the best candidate to fill the positions. Regular positions available in Leon, Guadalajara, and Los Reyes.
• Guaranteed teaching placement
• Local Salary (varies whether school will provide housing or not) Minimum you will receive is MP5000 (~$300) with included housing.
• Housing, visa and arrival assistance
• International traveler's insurance
• 20 units online TEFL Preparatory Course
• Full-time English-speaking pre-departure/local support
Am I eligible?
• Have a good command of the English language; Spanish knowledge helpful, but NOT required
• Bachelor's degree in any discipline; Education majors and classroom experience preferred by some schools and for certain positions, but not required for all (note: students and applicants without degrees will be considered for teacher's assistant positions)
• Enjoy leading groups and teaching children and/or adults, have good lesson planning and organization skills and be open to foreign cultures and living abroad
• Be able to commit to the full term
• Be prepared for a criminal background check as this may be required by some schools and positions
While each destination and school has a different budget, we will negotiate the best possible compensation package in terms of salary, room, board, and/or offered cultural classes (e.g. language, art, music). The minimum you will receive is 5000 pesos per month along with your included housing. This is enough to support yourself in Mexico.
What does it cost?
Semester mid/end of August to end of December; beginning January to June/July: $1,700
1 year combination of two semesters: $1,950
Please note that these prices are are subject to currency fluctuations; ask your STA Travel Expert for up to the minute pricing.
Other costs to consider
Visa Fee: Starts from $275, however some schools may include this
Personal support funds: Depends on personal spending habits of eating out, traveling, shopping, etc. Eating out a local cafes and restaurants are inexpensive.
Flights and travel insurance
All prices are subject to change without notice. Speak with an STA Travel Expert about a Teach English in Mexico position today by calling 800.781.4040, or submit your details for more information.