Teach English in Thailand
Get started today!
Call us at 800.781.4040
Now’s the perfect time to get yourself sorted with Teach English in Thailand position.
What will I be doing? | Where can I go? | What's included? | Am I eligible?
Employment Information | What does it cost?
What will I be doing?
Teachers are highly respected in the Thai culture, so your working and living conditions are quite comfortable. Expect to teach an average of 20-25 hours a week, with extra time needed to create lesson plans, attend faculty meeting, and extra-curricular activities. Students' age range from elementary to professionals, however, the current demand is primarily for grades 7-12 with varied levels of English.
Where can I go?
You can work throughout Thailand, especially in smaller towns.
• Guaranteed teaching placement prior to departure
• Local Salary
• Airfare Bonus (20,000BHT/~$650) after completion of 10-month contract starting in May
• Airport pickup and arrival assistance
• Furnished teachers apartment or dormitory
• All-inclusive six-day orientation upon arrival of Thailand
• Visa assistance
• International travelers insurance
• English speaking pre-departure and local support
Am I eligible?
• Be a native English Speaker
• Hold a Bachelor's degree in any discipline
• Have experience working with children as a teacher, mentor, coach, tutor, etc.
• Enjoy leading groups and teaching children and/or adults, have good lesson planning and organization skills and open to foreign cultures and living abroad
• Be able to commit to the full work term
• Undergo health tests and immunizations may be required to obtain the proper work permit
• Be prepared for a criminal background check this may be required by some schools and positions
While each destination and school has a different budget, we negotiate the best compensation for you. The minimum salary will be 18,000 THB per month (~US$600), with some schools paying more. This will be enough to support yourself in Thailand. A return airfare bonus to your home country is provided (20,000 BHT/~$650) to participants who start the program in May, and complete the semester or year contract at the same school.
What does it cost?
1 semester (May 5 – September 30, 2012; or October 20, 2012 to mid March, 2013): $1,700
1 year (both semesters above combined): $1,950
Please note that these prices are are subject to currency fluctuations; ask your STA Travel Expert for up to the minute pricing.
Other costs to consider
Visa Fee: Starting from $85 Consulate fee + visa service fees (if applicable)
Personal support funds: Depends on personal spending habits with food, going out, traveling, and shopping. Meals at local restaurants are inexpensive.
Flights and travel insurance
All prices are subject to change without notice. Speak with an STA Travel Expert about a Teach English in Thailand position today by calling 800.781.4040, or submit your details for more information.