Work in Ireland
Applications are now open!
Call us at 800.781.4040
Now’s the perfect time to get yourself sorted with a Work Ireland experience.
What will I be doing? | What's included? | Am I eligible? | Employment Information | What does it cost?
What will I be doing?
With the Work Ireland program you are permitted to take any job, anywhere in the Republic of Ireland. You can work in the same job for the full duration of your visa and you’re allowed to work within your chosen profession. You have the option to live and work in Ireland for either 4 or 12 months.
• Pre-departure support
• All work permit processing handled on your behalf (4 month program)
• Visa assistance; complete instructions on applying for the visa (12 month program)
• Arrival package including a voucher for one night’s accommodation, orientation and help with tax and PPS application form
• Dublin Resource Centre including information on job and accommodation search, emergency assistance and discounted travel options
• International phone card
• Lonely Planet guide to Ireland
• Free global SIM card
Am I eligible?
• Hold a U.S. passport
• Be aged at least 18 (4 month program)
• Be aged 18 -30 years inclusive (12 month program)
• A full-time student at an accredited US university/college or a recent graduate (within one semester for the 4 month program or 12 months for the 12 month program)
Many participants find casual employment. Positions in the hospitality and tourist industry are plentiful in Ireland, as well as positions in admin and office temping. Salaries range from €8 to €12 per hour. However, if you have relevant experience and a bit of motivation, jobs can be found in just about any sector.
What does it cost?
4 month program: (includes work permit) $430
12 month program: (visa fee EU250 not included) $340
Please note that these prices are are subject to currency fluctuations; ask your STA Travel Expert for up to the minute pricing.
Other costs to consider
Garda Registration: EU €150
Personal support funds: EU €2000 (4 month program), EU €3,000 (12 month program)
Working Holiday Visa fee: EU €250 (12 month program)
Flights and travel insurance
All prices are subject to change without notice. Speak with an STA Travel Expert for a Work Ireland quote today by calling 800.781.4040, or submit your details for more information.